Tchoukball is a Swiss game invented by the Swiss biologist Dr. Hermann Brandt in 1970. The game has rules for the court, equipment, players and playing method.
1. The court rules
The court rules are different for a single-net and a double-net match.
For a single-net match, the court size is a square of 15 to 20 meters.
For a double-net match, the court size has a 20-meter goal line and 30 to 40m sideline.
The frame is in the middle of the goal-line, where a 3-meter semi-circle is formed known as the D.
2. The equipment rules
There are two types of equipment in the game: the rebound frame and the ball.
The length of the rebound frame is 10cm. The size of the mesh is 70 x 70cm. The rebound frame is at 600.
There are two types of balls. The weight of the first ball is 400-450g, and its circumference is 56cm. This ball is for players under the age of 12.
The weight of the second ball is 420-475g, and its circumference is 58 to 60cm. This ball is for adults or players above the age of 12.
3. The player rules
The player rules are different for a single-net and a double-net match.
For a single-net match, there are nine players on a team and only six can play. The remaining three players are substitutes. A single-net match has a 4-player squad. If the squad reduces to three players, the team loses the game.
For a double-net match, there are fifteen players on a team and only nine can play. The remaining six players are substitutes. A single-net match has a 6-player squad. If the squad reduces to five players, the team loses the game.
If a player intentionally breaks the rules three times, they are sent out by the referee.
Only the substitution area can be used to make the substitutions. The player substituted shakes hand with the new player, comes in, and the other goes out. If the substitution is faulty, the other team gets one point.
If the referee instructs a substitution, the game must not stop. If there is any deliberate offense, the other team gets one point.
- The players are not allowed to wear any accessory.
- The players must wear sports shoes without studs.
- The players must dress in a proper uniform.
4. The game duration rules
The game has three rounds. There is a 5-minute break between each round. For the male players, each round is of fifteen minutes and for female players, each round is of twelve minutes.
During the match, when a team scores three points, it wins the game. Each team has a one-minute timeout option. The referee decides when to stop and start the game.
5. The playing method rules
Actions allowed during the game
- The players are allowed to throw, pass, catch, or hit the ball using their hands, head, arms or any other body part above the knee.
- Maximum three passes are allowed by a single player before they can score a point.
- A player can hold the ball for a maximum of three seconds.
- The player can pass the ball from one hand to another hand.
- The players are allowed to lie or kneel down during the game.
- A free throw will be given to the opponent if a player makes contact with the ball below their knees.
- A free throw will be granted to the opponent if a player makes more than three passes before scoring a point.
- A free throw will be given to the opponent if a player touches the area outside the playing field while handling the ball.
- A free throw will be granted to the opponent if a player drops the ball.
- A free throw is awarded to the opponent if a teammate makes a shot at the rebound and the ball touches the team member.
If a player catches the ball, they must remain in the same position to pass the ball. The referee can disqualify the player who commits three faults.
Recent search terms:
- tchoulball rules
- rules of tchoukball